And so this is Christmas. And what have you done? Another year over, and new one just begun.
I must have heard that song at least 15 times as I was locked in my apartment all weekend with Bella. I SO appreciated the reminder that this IS Christmas and I haven't done ANYTHING!!! Bella has taken a liking to antibiotics and has decided to absorb every germ that moves at her preschool. She's now on her third set of medicine and after this one the doctor says she just has to live with it. Great. Live with a cough that makes her cough until she pukes, and a bacteria that gives her a fever of 103 + . Dr. Suzy (we're on a first name basis now that we've been there five times since her Well Child in September), gave it a name today. Walking pneumonia. Even better. So now I'm picturing all the places that she's walked with her pneumonia and wondering WHO comes up with these names? And don't you know that when you throw out the name pneumonia every mother is going to freak out a little?
When I hear the word pneumonia I am thrown into my childhood memory of having it as a toddler and being in the hospital with these tubes up my nose that gave me nose bleeds. My sister always topped my story by reminding me that she had it as an infant and had to be in an oxygen tent. I am just now realizing that growing up I always pictured her in a sleeping bag on the floor in a tent with a flashlight. Funny how a child's brain works.
She always COULD top my illness stories though. I got the chicken pox when I was five. I had a pretty bad case when compared to normal standards. You know, in the hair, on the feet. I was pretty miserable. Then my sister got them. She had them down her throat, on her eyelids. Yep, she topped that story too. The kicker was when she got really sick when I was in sixth grade. I don't remember if she was actually diagnosed with Scarlet Fever, or it was said that it looked like Scarlet Fever (I'm always taken back to Oregon Trail when that's mentioned). Anyways, I got so tired of her getting all of the attention that I did everything that I could to make sure that I got sick too. I learned my lesson with that one. I NEVER was jealous of an illness again. Don't worry, I know more issues I had to work out in counseling =).
Anyways...this blog has taken a turn I wasn't expecting!!! Back to Bella's illness. I really hope she gets better with this one...Christmas time is busy and she hates missing stuff! And I can only play Barbie meets her next door neighbors Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph so many more times this season!!
Beyond that..a bunch of you have asked about the bonding assessment. We're still in waiting mode. The lady who did the assessment wants to release them at the same time which means we have to wait for Bella's dad to pay for his part. I'm guessing I'll be waiting this time next year still...Meanwhile, we have to go through attorneys at every holiday because the plans get changed last minute. It's good for me you know..keeps me on my toes! Life never gets boring around here! I get to play guess the mood today. It's really fun...
And the sarcasm continues to flow.....
4 comments:
Oh dear Laura I am so sorry you guys have been so sick. I had walking pneumonia when I was 20 and it was not fun, I can't imagine what it's like for poor Bella.
I really hope you guys get better soon and can enjoy the holiday season!
xoxo Jamie
Sarcasm is the only thing that makes the tough things in life worth living through!! ;-) And it's always nice to be on your toes, keeps you in check and grounded. =-) Think of it that way, I do!!
Poor Poor Bella! Ashley had walking pneumonia when she was 4. It's not fun! I'll be praying for you both!
Honestly, being more sick than you was never my goal in life! And don't forget I never had ear tubes, or surgery on my tonsils & adnoids. You've got me beat on the surgery front.
Let's just hope Bella doesn't try to top us both! I hope she's feeling better soon!
Hey Laura. It's been a while, holidays and all... Sorry to here that your little one is so sick. I know my nephew has been sick for a month straight. Everytime we think he is over, he gets it again. It's going around our school as well.
How are you holding up in the weather? Everyone over here is freaking out in our 4 to 5 inches of snow. I'm thinking you have it a little worse. I saw your high today is supposed to be 3 degrees. That's not ok.
Take care!
Post a Comment