I jinxed it. I knew writing about it might have that effect... Oh well, I'm not new to heartbreak. I'll get through it. I just "hate this part right here!!" It always hurts the worst right when the bandaid gets ripped off.
So what happened? Nothing really..I just have high standards about how I should be treated. Seth didn't do anything abusive, or mean..he just couldn't give me his heart. It's really hard to be in a relationship with someone who tells you he loves you and sees a future with you one day,and the next won't acknowledge you. That hurts worse than walking away. So at some point I have to say enough, I deserve to be with someone who can love me wholeheartedly.
So it's time to get back to living the life that I was hoping to live when this started. It's funny that now I long to go back to the days when my heart was my own and I was standing strong, proud and tall. When I was there, all I wanted was to give my heart to someone. Relationships are my biggest idol that I place before God, and over and over he shows me that HE is the only God who can withstand the heat. We live and learn..and learn...and learn..and someday we actually turn that knowledge into action. I'll get through this, with a little help from my friends ;-)
6 comments:
Well I am here for you Ms. Laura!!!
Laura that just shows how far you've really come! Knowing that it's not a man you need to make you happy, or need to feel loved. You know that the right person is out there for you, and you deserve to be treated the way you wish. It will all happen the right way in the end, as you know HE has a plan for you!!
Wise words from a wise woman! That pizza boy doesn't know half what he's missing - but yes, you deserve someone who can love you ALL the time. One of the most amazing things about faith is learning that when you trust God, everything does NOT always turn out okay. But God will get you through whatever comes along.
you and I are two peas in a pod my friend!!! it is very hurtful to be ignored... it is a feeling of self worth!!! you are worth more than that!! even if he "did nothing wrong" you have been wronged because your feelings were not validated and recognized.. I am glad you are able to move forward!! love ya, Katy
I (heart) you. That's it. That's all I have to say.
Just keep on stretching the antenna, hoping that it will come clear. We need some reception, a higher message, just tell us what to fear.
Post a Comment