Monday, September 7, 2009

The Slice...? on the Pizza Boy

So think way back to last November... I was just starting to get my feet back under me after all of the trauma of the year and a half before. I was recovering from a fabulous summer with Bella, and I was trying to figure out where I was going to land in life. I was hoping to find some friends who were single, so I'd have something to keep me busy when I didn't have Bella on the weekends. So I started attending a small group through church that was pretty much 24-26 year olds. The leader was the guy that helped me with the work on the house, so I felt comfortable.

This particular night my friend Crystal, who I was just starting to know brought a friend with her named Seth. I noticed he had a Seahawks jacket on and he had a really cool IPhone, but that's really all that I thought about that. I shared some about my divorce during prayer time and he prayed for me which was cool..but I honestly didn't think much of any of it.

A few weeks later Seth showed up at church with Crystal and we all went out to dinner after church. I then found out that Seth was from Shelton which immediately gave us something to talk about since I worked at Simpson in Shelton for two summers. Through that conversation, I also found out that he had been divorced and believe me, when you find someone who was also divorced before the age of 30, you find LOTS to talk about.

He left for LA after that. He worked a job that took him away for 6 weeks at a time. We started texting, and found that we both had the same sense of humor..He called a couple of times and we talked. He made dinner for me when he got back. I made sure I gave him only about an hour of time, so if it went badly I would have to run. I honestly didn't think I was ready to date yet. Dinner went well, none of the scary awkward silence time. I thought how crazy it was to hang with a guy who could really cook..

Throughout all this time, we kept txting and hanging out in large groups with our friends. All the while while I spewed out hatred towards men, the idea of "princes," and how true love didn't exist. He would send me emails trying to persuade me that I was wrong, that all men weren't like the ones I had dealt with. I would shoot one back about how men were never to be trusted.

Then there was one day I met him and Crystal for Pho`. Something was different..I looked at him differently and realized how attracted to him I was, not just for how he looked, but for who he was. Uh oh... I think this was February. He left again in March for San Fransisco. And then again for Alaska in May. I think it was when he got back from Alaska that I finally let him hang with me and Isabella together. I have never before known how attractive a man is when he's spending quality time with you and your child.

In June he had saved enough money to start his mobile wood fire pizza business here in Spokane. I had NO idea what this was about, and thought he was more than a little crazy. But once I saw him in action, I knew he would succeed. He's got that personality.. So we spent our summer getting the business ready and then starting in July. It has been SO much fun to work with a man who doesn't yell, call me retarded and who genuinely appreciates the help that I give him AND compliments me!! WHO is this guy???

So here we are, September. We are still together..we've met the families, some friends. He still makes me laugh, and we have so much FUN together!! It's not perfect..or even close. We both randomly freak out about our past for a couple of days, but so far we've always pulled it back together. Besides for those days, it's healthy..me, healthy, relationship..they have NEVER gone together. Right now, I'm just taking things one day at a time. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!! But there it is..the scoop you've all been waiting, txting, emailing me about. And here's a few pics you won't see on FB yet. We'll get to that point..maybe... someday ;-)







2 comments:

Crazy Mom of 2! said...

Laura Laura Laura... I have no words, I'm just happy for you!!!

McCleary Mama said...

YAY! You look so happy Laura! I'm happy for you. I wish you the best of luck in a long HEALTHY relationship! =)