Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hard work ever after

So yeah....after a random turn of events and a whirlwirl of planning, I'm a married woman! Who knew that one was coming right?!?! I certainly wasn't expecting it when it happened.

He had been quiet all night the night he proposed. The pizza business had just started back up and he had been really busy for the previous several weeks. My mind which always goes to the worse case scenario pictured him telling me he just didn't have the time to dedicate to Bella and I
that he felt that he needed. So I did what I've learned works the best. I found something that I love to do and decided to focus on that. This particular night it was playing music. Crystal, his roommate at the time and my best friend had a keyboard in her room, so I went in there and started playing and singing. Pretty soon I heard Seth playing guitar in the living room. All of my worries flew out the window and I was totally into the piano.

After an hour or so, I looked up and he was standing in the doorway looking at me. I asked him if I was playing too loud and messing up his guitar, he said no, I love it when you play! Then he said...I can't keep secrets from you... do you want to know the plan? What plan, I asked? THE PLAN.. So I responded, of course, tell me the plan!! He then told me the plan..which was that Crystal was going to move out by the end of the month and we were going to get married..WHAT!! I told him he had ask, which he did, which I responded with why do you want to marry me...which he told me real honest reasons. Not cheesy, not rehearsed, just honest. Then I said YES!! He had just ordered the ring and it wouldn't be in for two weeks. I was a little nervous about not seeing it, but when I finally did see it (two days before the wedding), I fell in love. I realized that it wouldn't have mattered HOW it looked..I would have loved it!

We didn't know how the family would respond to the fact that we wanted to do it
quickly...especially since he had just posted something on my FB page about a shotgun
wedding. Which he was TOTALLY joking, but we knew what people would think. Thankfully everyone took it really well. Better than we had hoped. It seems that they all knew before we did that it would end up this way.

We didn't want to wait a long time, OR have a big wedding. We both
had big weddings the first time and I really felt that the focus had been on making everyone else happy instead of being about the bride and groom getting married. It's funny when you do this whole marriage thing twice..all the things that you wished you had said, or done it this way or that way, you get to live out. (NOT that I'm recommending doing it twice!)

So we finally picked a date that I knew I would have Isabella and we went with it. We didn't even know until the day of for sure where we were going to do the ceremony. It was a toss up bet
ween Manito park and The Bowl and Pitcher on the Spokane River. I really wanted the bowl and pitcher because it had so much personal meaning to me. It's a place that often reminds me of God's redemption in my life. Our only worries were that my parents were coming and I wasn't sure my mom could hike to the spot I wanted. But once again, I reminded myself that this was about Seth and I and not small crowd we were inviting to watch.


So, June 26th, we worked the Liberty Lake Farmers market from 6am until 2pm, then came home and got dressedand ready. We drove together with Bella to the spot, then hiked in. It was an AMAZING ceremony,
the spot, everything. I couldn't ask for more. There are no," I wish we had..." We both wrote our own
vows, (I told myself after the last one that the next man I married would be writing his own vows if he wanted to marry me..Seth volunteered to write them before I told him that..). After the ceremony we came
back to a small BBQ with a few friends and family and then stayed in The Northern Qwest Casino for the night( the only room in
Spokane or Coeur D'Alene available because of Hoopfest and Ironman).

And now, here we are..married..again ;-) This time feels so much different! Seth is the first relationship I've ever been in that hasn't been abusive and it is so, so different. We fight..but it's such a different fight. And right now we're really big on communication, so after giving ourselves time to think about it, we've been able to talk everything out. I know with time, things change and stuff builds up and then anger spouts out in everything..But I'm really putting an honest effort in working to keep this marriage healthy. I don't want to do this again, I LOVE the man I'm with, (so does Bella!), and I'm excited to settle down in a new house, in a new part of town and see what life holds ahead.

4 comments:

Smith Family said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Bella!

Crazy Mom of 2! said...

I'm glad you posted your story!!! I almost cried! I am so truly happy for you guys, my heart is so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Gods blessings on you and your family. Juli (Leanna's Mom)

McCleary Mama said...

Reading that gave me chills girl! Congratulations again! I'm so happy for all three of you! And I can't wait to celebrate!
And it's about time you posted a new blog!!