Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bella's Birthday Pic's




Bella had her 4th Birthday the other day. What an exciting day! It was the first birthday that I haven't had the day off from work, but we managed to make it special anyways. It was her day with her dad technically, but he had offered to do something together. I mentioned Chuck E. Cheese since I knew I could stay busy with her, and the next thing I knew his family was coming too. We managed to put all things aside for the few hours of the party which tells you how important she is to everyone! All things went well, except she got a little overwhelmed when we were singing Happy Birthday to her and ended up in tears. Besides that minor issue, she had a great time. I just can't believe how fast time flies! It seems like yesterday that I was watching the 2004 Summer Olympics, having contractions, and here we are at her 4th Birthday!
Here are a few pictures and some ones of the first three birthdays. I can't believe how much she's grown!




This was the beginning of the end of the smile. Can you see the worry?


I'm in control and loving it!



Fun with the Chuck E. Cheese rides



We opened my presents to her when we got home. I didn't want the awkwardness of a competition between the ex and I. No the cart the presents are on is NOT a present, but much needed with all of the new loot!


Her 3rd Birthday at Sun Lakes. She played with that balloon bouquet for weeks!


Happy 2nd Birthday! Also at Sun Lakes...



THAT was fun mom! Happy 1st Birthday!


There were no appropriate hospital pictures of her actual "birthday." So I put this one in which she was just two days old. I call it "First Kiss."

May God bless us with many more birthday celebrations ahead!

6 comments:

McCleary Mama said...

Happy Birthday Bella! Isn't it crazy how time flies? Lauryn's 4th is coming fast too, and I can hardly believe it. They grow up so quick. I'm glad you guys were able to put aside your differences, it's hard sometimes, but it's nice when you can actually be civil for the sake of the child, especially on occasions such as these. I know how hard it must have been for you!
It's strange, I've never seen a kid cry after having Happy Birthday sung to them, until Lauryn did it a while back, it was the birthday that her dad and I were having our "rough patch".. And she just melted down afterwards, she was just turning 2, but she was so aware of the emotions surrounding her. It's amazing how kids can pick up on that kind of thing, as well as be extremely overwhelmed by their own emotions of the day..
I'm glad you survived it! yet another notch!!

Sara Sandefur said...

The time just flies and keeps on flying. I'm glad it went well! See you this weekend!

Ulbins said...

She is so gorgeous. It's funny, because she is starting to get out of the toddler phase and turning into a little woman.

Also, my newphew Jackson, hated most of his birthday. Too much stimulation.

Too bad those kids don't realize that when they are are age, nobody gives you a song and dance for your birthday anymore! Enjoy it kids!

Ulbins said...

Also, I know the difference between "are" and "our."

lauraslifetoday said...

I know you can spell! Come on you ARE teaching the future right... I'm SO glad to hear that Jackson had the same issue. Of course my mind was going nuts with all of the the things I've done to mess her up!

The Bertelsen Bunch said...

What beautiful pictures of Bella's birthdays over the years! Looks like it was a great time!