All those days when your kids are driving you nuts, and you are wishing for a break... hug them.
Be thankful that you have at least 18 years of their lives to love on them. To teach them how to be adults, to live life with them showing them how to and how not to behave.
Every early morning wake up call, every accident, every bad word slip up, every climbing on the counter "why won't they just let me make dinner in peace," every I love you mommy...remember how blessed you are to have an intact family.
There are times when I think "wow, I get to live both lives." I get to have her and have 50 % of the time to myself. I get to sit in a coffee shop for hours if I choose. I get to go for a run if I choose. I get to spend an "adult" day in Sandpoint wine tasting if I choose. I get a moment to myself 50% of the time.
But when it comes down to it....when it really comes down to it... I'd give every moment of that up to be a full time mommy. I have 9 years with her instead of 18. I have to hear "I miss daddy or I want to go to daddy's (especially when she's in trouble). I have half of her life to wonder what she is doing.
Time is going by way too fast. She's growing up so quickly. I'm packing every moment with her full of "memorable" moments, hoping to make an impact. I'm praying for her every moment that she's away that her father is making good choices for her...that she will see the truth...that she won't go through what I did.
I don't even know what full time motherhood looks like anymore. I can't imagine having more and never having to say goodbye while they go away for days with no end in sight. I can't imagine what Bella will go through if I ever do. Why do they get to always be with you mommy?
Love your full time job. It's truly a gift.




2 comments:
You're a wonderful mother! Make EVERY minute with bells intentional!
Great words to remember in moments where I want to pull my hair out...Thank you for the reminder!
You may be a part time mother on paper, but you really are an overtime mom!
not only do you do your part when Bella is with you, but you worry about her when she's not with you, and even the decisions you make when she's not with you, I know you do on behalf of her.
I can't imagine a 50/50 split in your situation. I don't even have an 80/20 split, and I can hardly handle that.
Many amazing kudos to you Laura, you really are an excellent mom, even if it is "part time"!
Post a Comment