Saturday, January 16, 2010

New year

It's a new year!! I realize I've had 16 days to figure this out..but it's been a busy 16 days! And yes, I have Happy New Years cards I should be addressing, but why when I can procrastinate on the internet.
So far this year I have
  • dropped 3 kids from enrollment at work and enrolled 3 new kids.
  • enrolled in my final class at EWU, forcing myself to complete my paper and present it by March..hence the procrastination by blogging
  • attended two surprise parties. one thrown by me for Seth's 30th, finding out that I am HORRIBLE at keeping secrets. SO glad that's over
  • gone to 3 movies (probably more than all last year combined) paying for only 2 and sneaking into one..everyone has to do that at some point in their lives...I just waited until age 32 to do it.
  • seen my first 3-D IMAX movie. INCREDIBLE!!
  • gambled at a casino for the first time..well really I watched Seth double his money and walk away. We're talking 25 dollars here. BIG money
  • given my cat away only to get him back a day later
  • gone 16 days without eating meat and haven't really missed it
  • listened to/participated/in a discussion on sex at church. I love my church...
  • watched drunk 60+ year olds dance to 80's cover songs. THAT was fun!!
  • said goodbye to Seth for three weeks :-( henceforth the realization that I spend a lot of time with him and suddenly I have a lot of time to figure out what to do with myself. Reminding myself that I was fine before I knew him. I'll be fine while he's gone.
Anyways.. That's a lot to live up to for the rest of the year! I'm excited for the possibilities of this year...and scared to death about the possibilities of this year. It's a mixed emotion kind of thing. Being 32 and not having a direct path to look at and say the rest of my life is going to look like..."this," is a little scary. Not quite what I expected.. I'm trying to remember that the work that God has for me to do is really all that I should be worried about. But it all gets jumbled up in the worldly views.

So here are just a few things I would like to look back on in 2011 and see that I have accomplished.
  • Master's Degree
  • continue to change my eating/living habits to be "green" including buying local as much as possible
  • continuing to question and seek God and his purpose for me
  • moving into town
  • helping Seth with another successful year for Veraci Pizza
  • staying true to who I am instead of who I think the world wants me to be
  • volunteering/teaching ARMS (Abuse Recovery and Ministry Services) class
So that's the short list :-). Last year my goal was to serve those who helped me through 2008 in all of my trials. I have to say I failed miserably and really got caught up in my own life. So I'll put that one on the agenda for this year as well!!

And then 2011. 2011! I had some kind of dream in 2007 that caused me to sit up in bed and shout "I can't wait until 2011." I don't remember the dream, just the waking up part. Hmmmmm.... who knows... but I have a year to make sure that I don't waste in the mean time.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Sounds like a you're going to have a great year! Maybe it should include having coffee with an old friend =). I'd love it if we could meet up sometime this year!